Saturday, March 9, 2013

Going Away

Well, I guess I can't deny it anymore. My sister and nephew are really leaving. :'(
I don't think it's really hit me yet that she really won't be here. We haven't been away from each other for more than a few days as long as she's been alive. Now she'll be 1,400 miles away. I won't be able to drive down the street just to hang out. There won't be anymore lunch dates with the babies or visits to Papa and Keiki's house or riding around in the van.
I guess it's just a part of growing up, but it's painful.
I'm not just losing my sister. I'm losing my best friend.
And Oliver is losing his best friend and cousin, too. I'm heartbroken that they won't grow up together and be as close as I was with my sisters. I wanted Greyson and Oliver to play together and go to school together and be best friends. Now I'm worried they will hardly know each other.
But I'm sorry for the sad depressing post. I really just wanted to say that we had a little going away party at my grandma's house today. It was good to have everyone together for one last time before they leave.











No comments:

Post a Comment